I knew I wanted pink and black. I started back in August gathering up products I had, or found around town, and putting them in a tote bag. Every time I had an idea or a product I wanted to use, it went in the tote bag. I do this every year. So, when I'm ready to create I have all my ideas and products in one tote bag. Makes life a little easier...See tutorial below...
1. I started with black cardstock as the card base and cut it 5.5" x 8.5."
2. Cut silver glitter paper a smidge smaller than the card base
3. cut another piece of black cardstock 4.5 x 7.5"
4. cut a piece of polk dot printed paper 4 1/4 x 7 1/8"
5. cut a piece of pink cardstock 3 3/4 x 4 3/4"
6. stamp on black cardstock, heat emboss, trim to 3.5 x 4.5", punch corners, and adhere to pink cardstock
7. color felt poinsettia with copic markers ( as you can see they were white)
8. color snowflake brad with silver leaf pen (or buy silver ones, I only had white, so I used what I had). Set aside to dry. Attach to poinsettia flower and attach to card with glue dots.
9. Add pink gems to Eiffel tower and poinsettia
10. Add ribbon to left side of card
The inside of the card I had pre-printed, but it was too boring. So, I stamped some pink snowflakes to jazz it up.
I like to decorate the envelopes too. I almost always use a roller stamp for the backs of the envelopes. It's just easier. I had a snowflake swirl roller stamp and pink ink. Roll the roller stamp several times over the ink pad to get the ink all the way around and then stamp across the envelope.
You think that would be it. Well...no. I had the idea that I would make one fabulous card this year, scan it, and upload it to a big box company and have them print out 60 cards. Easy, right? Well...no!
After three tries this is what I got:
Happy Holidays from our house to yours & a Happy New Year! ~Kim
Supplies: American Crafts black, pink, and silver glitter cardstock; Teresa Collins Life Emporium Dots; Stampendous Cling Rubber Stamp-Eiffel Noel; Versamark clear watermark ink (the best); Ranger super fine silver embossing powder (the best); Ranger "diamond" stickles glitter glue; Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress ink-spun sugar; Creative Impressions felt flowers, snowflake brads, and ribbon; Copic Markers: pink and red; Stampin Up snowflake stamps and snowflake swirl wheel stamp; Krylon silver leaf paint pen; Adhesive gems/rhinestones; and Glue Dots